Under section 23 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, Canadian citizens:
- whose first language learned and still understood is French;
- who have received their primary school instruction in Canada in a French as a first language school
have the right to have their children receive primary and secondary school instruction in a FrancoSud school.
In addition, Canadian citizens whose child has received or is receiving instruction, at the elementary or secondary level, in a French as a first language school in Canada, have the right to have all their children educated, at the elementary and secondary levels, in a FrancoSud school. .
Note: To enroll a child in a Catholic school, one of the two parents must be Catholic.
- Children whose Francophone parents or grandparents wish them to reintegrate the Francophone culture and identity. These may be parents who have not had the opportunity to access French-language education.
- Children of Francophone parents who wish to maintain the French language, the culture and Francophone identity of their children, for example immigrants whose first language learned and still understood is French.
For the registration of an exceptional case, please send your request form to the school you are interested in.
Age of entry
- A child must be 5 years old by December 31st of the year he enters kindergarten.
- He must be eligible to Francophone Education under section 23 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom.
Language used AT FrancoSud
Students evolve in an environment where the language of communication is French. As the official working language of FrancoSud and its schools is French, all meetings, written communications and reports on student progress are also in French. However, individual meetings concerning a student can be held in French or in English.
The FrancoSud school division does not charge parents for basic school fees. It is however possible for its schools to invoice parents for fees aimed at covering part of the costs of optional courses, extracurricular and sports activities or educational field trips, for example. Where applicable, the school will inform parents of the amount of fees to be paid as well as the deadline for paying them.