Register your child
Section 23 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees education access to French linguistic minority population of the province in which they reside if one of the following criteria is met:
- French is the first language learned and still understood by at least one of the parents;
- One of the parents received a primary francophone education in Canada;
- One of the student’s siblings has received or is receiving primary or secondary francophone education in Canada.
Furthermore, please note that in order for a child to attend Catholic school, one of the child’s parents must be able to demonstrate that he or she is Catholic.
In the intent of Section 23 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which is to ensure the vitality of Francophone minority communities, and in accordance with its restorative aim, the school board may admit to its schools:
- Students whose francophone parents or grandparents would like to reintegrate French culture and identity into their lives. These may be parents who did not have access to a francophone education.
- Students of parents of French language would like their children to maintain their French language, Francophone culture and identity. (i.e. immigrants from countries where French is a primary language).
To register a child, please fill out the registration kit and send or deliver it to the appropriate school, or directly to the school board. Please take note that all documents below are available in French only for the time being.
2018-2019 Registration kit
2017-2018 Registration kit